Frontera Fresco is coming to the ground floor of Norris. Explore the amazing flavors of Mexico. Created by celebrity Chef Rick Bayless, Frontera Fresco features hand-crafted tortas and tacos. Frontera Fresco combines high-quality ingredients from top local providers with recipes based on the incredible fare found in Mexico. Check out the menu.
Frontera Fresco Ingredients
At Frontera Fresco, great taste starts with fresh, all-natural ingredients:
Naturally-raised meats. Our beef, pork and chicken have been raised naturally on vegetarian feed. They are never given antibiotics or growth hormones.
All-Natural salsas. Our salsas are made with 100% natural, fresh ingredients using traditional fire-roasting cooking techniques.
Fresh guacamole. Every few hours, we make guacamole from ripe avocados and flavor it with fire-roasted tomatillos and fresh cilantro.
GLUTEN-FREE MENU ITEMS
Many of the items on the Frontera Fresco menu are made without gluten-containing ingredients. These include the following:
- Fresco Tacos (made with 100 percent corn tortillas, Chihuahua cheese and a variety of gluten-free filling ingredients such as shrimp, chicken, roasted vegetables and steak)
- Fresco Handmade Tamales (made from fresh corn)
- Fresco Tortilla soup (served with corn tortilla strips)
- Roasted Corn & Poblano Chowder
- Fresco Huaraches (Mexican flatbreads made from corn and topped with ingredients and a green salad)
- Guacamole, Salsa and Tortilla Chips
- Agua Fresca (fresh lime-juice based soft drinks)
For gluten-sensitive individuals, avoid quesadillas (made with flour tortillas), tortas (grilled sandwiches made on breads made with wheat flour) and chocolate pecan pie bars. If you order one of our main course salads, be sure to tell the order-taker to omit the toasted flour tortilla that is offered on the side.